The KULTUR ROCKT Award for Fine Art will be given out in cooperation with the renowned Landschaftsverband Westfalen Lippe (LWL) and the LWL-Museum für Kunst und Kultur to an artist from the fields of painting, photography, sculpture, performance or installation on a yearly basis.
Following the nomination process by the examination board of the LWL, the KULTUR ROCKT jury evaluates the three nominees.
Each of the jury members can give 1 x 3 points (for the artist she or him likes best), 1 x 2 points (for the artist she or him likes second best) and 1 x 1 point (for the artist she or he likes third best). The artist with the most points is the winner of the KULTUR ROCKT Award for Fine Art.
The winner will then be presented in a single show on the occasion of the festival, opened by a vernissage.
Apart from the single show the winner gets 1,500 Euro prize money, a certificate as well as the opportunity of a 4 week artist-in-residence scholarship.
Winner 2023: Meike Schulze Hobeling, Kunstakademie Münster
Winner 2022: Charlott Weise, Hochschule für Bildende Künste Dresden + Gerrit Rietveld Academie Amsterdam.
Winner 2021: Miriam Jonas, Kunstakademie Münster + Kunstakademie Düsseldorf
Winner 2019: Silke Berg, Hochschule für Grafik und Buchkunst Leipzig
Winner 2018: Isabel Schober, Kunstakademie Münster
The international and interdisciplinary jury consists of the following persons:
- Matthias Beckmann, drawer, Berlin
- Henry Hargreaves + Caitlin Levin, artist duo, New York
- Sebastian Herkner, product designer, Offenbach
- Saskia Holsträter, head of bureau of culture Schmallenberg, Sauerland
- Nina Hoss, actress, Berlin
- Cathy Jardon, painter, Berlin
- Professor Sabine Keggenhoff, architect, Sauerland
- Anne Knapstein, chairwoman of the organisation Kunstverein Sundern-Sauerland e.V., Sauerland
- Alexander Krichel, pianist and vice-chairman + artistic director of the organisation KULTUR ROCKT e.V., London/Hamburg
- Cornelia Reuber, HSK, bureau of culture, Sauerland
- Dr. Barbara Rüschoff-Parzinger, head of cultural affairs of the Landschaftsverband Westfalen-Lippe (LWL), Münster
- Gisbert Scheffer, CEO of SCHEFFER communication, advertising agency, Sauerland
- Jannik Schümann, actor, Berlin
- Andrea Schulte, owner + managing director Schulte Lagertechnik and chairwoman of the organisation Kulturring Sundern, Sauerland
- David Smith, author and actor, Chicago/New York/Los Angeles