What are your three favourite insider tips of your city? These could be a restaurant, museum, exhibition, special place or view, artist, shop etc.
What is your favourite song at the moment?
What is your favourite book at the moment?
Thinking of the Sauerland, I immediately think of nature. Although its beauty, its nativeness do not always get the place in everyday life, which I would award to it, but I know, that it is always in my heart. I was raised in the Sauerland and after my studies and first working experiences abroad, I made the Sauerland to my center of life.
I am very happy, that during my whole life, I have been surrounded by hills, green meadows as well as even greener forests. This is a particular kind of freedom and silence, which I do not want to miss.
WaldSkulpturenWeg / www.waldskulpturenweg.de
Between Bad Berleburg in Siegen-Wittgenstein and Schmallenberg in the Sauerland there is the “WaldSkulpturenWeg“, being installed from 2000 until 2010. Internationally known artists created a unique route of 23 km with their pieces of art alongside the path in the heart of the Sauerland, which inspires me all-embracingly.
Strolling through nature is always something special to me as well as seeking and finding hides. Sometimes off track without a map. Places, which deliver far-sightedness, open your mind, let thoughts travel, give leasure to rest and bring new perspectives.
Hiking on purple landscape of more than 800 m hight. Enjoying the colorfulness and fascinating sparingness. Perfect in summer but of course in every single season an experience, too. Lichen, moss, clubmoss (lycopod). It feels like the tundra, whereas your are in the beautiful Sauerland.
Drei Klavierstücke, D 946
I have been fascinated by Franz Schubert´s complexity in both, his personality and work for years. His ability to transform emotions into music and to create a special connection even intimacy between music and listener touches me time and again.
Gerhard Richter: „Panorama”, Prestel Verlag
Art as a source of inspiration is essential to me and belongs to my understanding of the diversity of life and quality. Also as I deal with changing perspectives in my daily business. A sense for abstraction, interpretation as well as transformation is vital. At the moment, I immerse in the world and the messages of Gerhard Richter again; to me a master of unprejudiced change of perspectives. On the occasion of his 80th birthday on February 9, 2012 a retrospective and this book were dedicated to him by the national gallery in Berlin. It shows an overview of all groups of works of Richter as a painter for almost six decades.
- 2016 AKNW “Architektenkammer Nordrhein-Westfalen“ – Architectural Associaton of North Rhine-Westphalia – Entry in the List of Architects
- Since 2015 Professorship “Entwerfen Innenarchitektur“ and “Material im Raum“ (Materiallabor), Faculty of Architecture and Design
Peter Behrens School of Arts (PBSA), Hochschule Düsseldorf
- 2013 – 2014 Lectureship “Entwerfen Innenarchitektur“, Faculty of Architecture and Design, Peter Behrens School of Arts, Hochschule Düsseldorf
- 2009 Foundation of KEGGENHOFF I PARTNER S.L., Palma de Mallorca, Spain
with Dipl.-Ing. Michael Than
- 2007 – 2009 Lectureship “Einführung in das Entwerfen“, Faculty Interior Design, Detmolder Schule für Architektur und Innenarchitektur,
- 2001 Foundation of KEGGENHOFF I PARTNER, Arnsberg – Neheim
with Dipl.-Ing. Michael Than
- 1999 AKNW “Architektenkammer Nordrhein-Westfalen“ – Architectural Associaton of North Rhine-Westphalia – Entry in the List of Architects including additional qualification: “Unlimited Authorisation to Present Building Documents“
Member of BDIA “Bund Deutscher Innenarchitekten“ – Association of German Interior Designers
- Merkx + Girod Architects, Amsterdam, Main Fields: Draft and Conception
- Scholarship of Architecture, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- Studies of Interior Design and Architecture, Detmolder Schule für Architektur und Innenarchitektur, Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Degree: Graduate Engineer,
Additional qualification “Unlimited Authorisation to Present Building Documents“
- Apprenticeship as Architectural Draftsman, Main Field: Engineering
Honorary / Social Engagement
- Since 2016 Council of Competition Architectural Association of North Rhine-Wesphalia
District Arnsberg (Spokesperson)
- 2014 – today Mentoring Programme “Network of Leaders Südwestfalen“
- 2012 – today Think Tank “Brand Council Sauerland“
Main Field and Representation: “Architectural Culture in the Region“
- 2011 – today International Student Promotion Interior Design
of the STO Foundation / Member of the Jury
- 2010 – today Appointment to the Convention of the Federal Foundation of Architectural Culture – Member of the Association